Can I use a Laguer Spray under/over Spar Urethane?

This question got me immediately banned/deleted from 2 DIY and Woodworking subreddits and I can't find the "DIY" or "HomeImprovement" Usenet groups (do they even still exist?). So if you don't like this post, you can STICK IT UP YOUR ASS!

That said, here it is cut and paste:

I used some exterior Spar "Varathane"(tm) SPRAY CAN on a freshly stained (48 hour-old) wood front door (off hinges, lying flat, several coats). I don't know where it all landed, but it wasn't on the door except in a few spots. I think the nozzle was messed up. But I'm new to polyurethane finishing and I didn't know it wasn't spraying quite like it was supposed to(?).

Can I use a clear lacquer spray that sprays a nice, sweet even stream (Krylon ColorWorks) without unhinging the door before the rain and heat sets in again. And then try finishing it again in a few months properly with brushed (NOT SPRAY) spar urethane when it's more convenient to have the door off its hinges again for a whole day? (Texas) With or without a light sanding?

The Kryon Lacquer seems to have held up well on a test piece of lightly stained bare wood even after throwing water, mineral spirits. pine oil, and 151 rum on it over the last week. Will spar stick to lacquer afterwards and evenly? There's really not much urethane on th door that I can tell - only where I switch-backed in a few spots when I sprayed from 2" away on the last coat (can recommends 5X that distance, which I ignorantly obeyed at first).

-sw

Reply to
Sqwertz

rec.woodworking is still very active; crossposted.

Reply to
Michael Trew

Bruccio