Hitachi 10" Stationary Table Saw

Can't seem to find any information on this Model C10FL anywhere online, other than the specs at Lowes.com. At $499 I'm guessing there is more to the story about this saw. Is it really 3.0HP.

15 Amp induction motor (3.0 HP) 27" x 40" table top with extension wing Blade tilt and blade height adjustment knobs up front for easy access Table top angle scale Enclosed motor to protect from dust and debris Adjustable T-slotted miter gauge Micro adjustment on fence Deluxe caster set included Cast iron trunnions
Reply to
usenet

usenet asks:

Beats the bejabbers out of a universal motor.

Good size.

Say what?

TEFC or what?

Is it a standard size T slot? The older Hitachi saws have a gawdawful slot.

Most of that you can check at the store, if there's a Lowe's nearby. Hitachi does not list the saw on its site: the only table saw up right now is the C10RA2, with 2.6 HP.

The HP: No, it is not a 3 HP saw. It runs on 120 volts, so that's a given. Neither is the C10RA2 a 2.6 HP saw. That's marketing hype, available from all tool manufacturers at low or no cost.

Quick note: the Builder's Show is going on in Orlando either this week or the coming week, and I've been told Hitachi is introducing new tools there. Whether or not there is a table saw in the works, I have no idea.

If specs are as presented, it should be a good saw, except there's no info on table top material. Cast iron all round is best.

Charlie Self "One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected." George W. Bush

Reply to
Charlie Self

If that's 15 amps at 110v, there's no way its 3 hp - probably more like 1.5 or 1.7 hp.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

Thanks all - that's what I was after was the real HP rating. That would make this saw no better than what I currently have. Was only looking to maybe upgrade to a cabinet saw with more HP. A G5959 12"

5hp hit the classifieds today for 1000$ o.b.o.
Reply to
usenet

I a the Hitachi table saw today that had this "feature".

Basically, they have a small plastic window mounted in the table through which you can see a angle scale that rotates as the arbor tilts.

I'm not sure what the benefit is. The typical arrow on the front of the cabinet seems easier to read if you're down cranking a wheel.

-Mike

Reply to
MSCHAEF.COM

The manufacturer is advertising the peak hp which would be twice the average. Jim

Reply to
Jim

I have this saw and I hate it.

The fence stinks, but I can't upgrade to a better fence because the bolt-holes won't quite work.

The table is flat, but small. The aluminum extension wings can't be made flat, and boy I've tried.

The motor is pretty strong, and with a good blade I'm able to get through 3" hard maple no problem. However, the closed cabinet fills with sawdust even with a dust collector attached to the port. Totally fills up, and I can't get it all out. So eventually, I'm going to clog up the important parts.

In the manual, there are supposed to be 2 adjustment allen keys for adjusting the blade tilt. Of course my saw doesn't have those keys. Tried the manufacturer but their service is non-responsive, told me to go to back to the blue bord. So, I can't get it quite to 0deg. More like 1deg, which just isn't good enough for fine joinery.

At least it runs quietly.

But, hey, for $499 from the blue borg, what can I expect? I'll really appreciate a good cabinet saw when I finally wire my workshop for 220.

Reply to
Geoff

Have you considered buying a couple allen wrenches, or maybe a cheap set?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Um, ok, you got me there. I meant that the allen bolts themselves aren't there. I have the wrenches, er, keys.

Reply to
Geoff

Yeah, missing bolts is a whole different animal. No response from Hitachi?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Finally got an "updated" spec from Hitachi that shows me how to do it. Have to remove the back cover, then separate the "anchor block" from the "worm" and twist the anchor block until the blade is at 90deg to the table. Then re-attach the anchor block and replace the back cover. Essentially I'm re-aligning the gears between the tilt crank and the motor assembly.

One funny thing, though... I mentioned to the support tech (who was actually very helpful) that I couldn't find the saw on the Hitachi Tools website. He said that it wasn't going to be put there. I asked why, and he said the this is just a "test run" product for Hitachi and they weren't sure whether it was going to be a long-term run. They had a Chinese company build these for them as a single run, and if they sell well then Hitachi will consider making it a permanent product.

My bet is that Lowe's is considering a major investment in Hitachi in the same way that HD sells the Rigid products.

I'm going to really love a Unisaw when I finally get my workshop wired for 220.

Reply to
Geoff

That's got to give you warm fuzzies! I bought a Toshiba desktop PC once because they had a good rep in the laptop business and the DT had more bells and whistles for the price than most other DTs. Lo and behold, they orphaned the whole line.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

I am in the market for a new table saw and looked at the Hitachi at Lows. Don't think I'l be buying one of these.Think I'll go with the General g0576 model.

Reply to
tony stramella