10" stationary table say suggestion

I'm reposting this message because the original message appears to have never posted. I did get replies before (many thanks), but some news servers may have filtered me because I had _remove in my email address to prevent spammers from getting it. Please see original post below:

I'm buying a new table saw and will use it for building cabinets, small furniture, and picture frames, etc. Not professionally, just as a doe yourselfer and for friends. This is my first table saw, but I've used some older craftsman table saws owned by friends.

I'm considering the craftsman 24830. Does anyone have this saw or can you contrast it with a grizzly or other comparable saw?

and feedback much appreciated.

SK

Reply to
SagDEG

On a off topic related subject regarding newsservers

This is a very worthwhile addition to anyone who frequents newsgroups, and has far from complete content from their current isp.

isp was miserable for news, so signed up with this service for $10. Complete Fast Reliable Inexpensive.

And no, I am not a rep for astraweb

Reply to
Andrew

The link you show isn't valid. How much is the saw your considering and some basic info on it would help get good comparisons. Not sure the money you want to spend but don't cheap out, I looked at cheaper saws and glad I waited the extra year to afford my choice. My suggestion is you could probably do better than the craftsman, they are a little weak on power when doing thick miter cuts in hardwoods. You also should look at the heaviest possible as there is less vibration, with cleaner cuts. I got a 36-650 Delta Contractors Saw 1 1/2hp for $750 Cdn (approx. $650 US) with cast wings (Decent fence for a stock one). Got it from HD and this is well worth the $$, solid and good power. There are many other makers that make great saws as well. Don't get me wrong, half my house is full of Sears appliances and I still wouldn't get a table saw there. Would you buy a pair of shoes from HD? (I'm sure eventually they will start selling shoes as they sell everything else).

Check out this link it will give you reviews of table saws

shopping.

> thanks and feedback much appreciated.

Reply to
Derrick