Wow, safety NOT first

Where in the hell did 100 years ago come from?

You were disagreeing with what Andy said about an instructor of his when he was in school, in a different time and place of which you have no knowledge. That _was_ the "context" and you just didn't snap to the change ... and just how old do you think he is?

Reply to
Swingman

My bad Swingman - I was responding to the "another century" from your previous post. It's not likely that such a term would be meant to express what existed in 1999. It's more likely that such a comment would express what existed a long time back in the past century, which by itself was reflective of older conventions.

No, neither Duane nor I disagreed with what he said about an instructor of his, we disagreed with what the instructor said as being applicable to the wood shop site we all viewed on the internet, and the propriety of kids working that sort of work. There's a big difference there. It does not matter what the instructor said 40 or 50 or 80 years ago, it's not today. It's not relevant to what was being discussed and it's not relevant to the school under discussion.

How old do I think Andy is? I really don't know. I often get surprised when I see pics of folks and find that they are either younger or older than I had imagined. I simply take Andy as I see him - a pretty well thought out contributor who seems to have a pretty broad base of experiences he speaks from. Like everyone else here, he's not always dead right with everything but also like a lot of folks here, he often has some good stuff to add to the mix.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Yes, there is a big difference ... unfortunately, and as I have said repeatedly, it appears you missed the point, as well as the context, of Andy's reply to your post. You need to go back and read it in it's entirety with an open, instead of argumentative, mind.

Reply to
Swingman