Worst POS Tool You Ever Bought

Mine works just fine too. Did a great job on the two test joints I made after buying it several years ago. Haven't used it since. Other than decoration, can't see why I'd ever want to use a dovetail.

Reply to
CW

cthulhu, is that you?

Reply to
bigegg

no maybe about the fein. it's a fabulous machine.

Reply to
bridgerfafc

Anyone hankering to get a vintage WEN tool?

John Grossbohlin

looking and all silver, I guess brushed aluminum. I had the jigsaw as one of my first tools and it was unusable.

Reply to
jimmy

bigegg wrote in news:453a6d67$0$8730$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net:

Prepare to be eaten. :>

R. Pierce Butler

I've bought enough crappy tools that I don't just have one worst:

1: Those little corner-rounding planes that Woodcraft and others sell

- totally useless. Their only virtue is that they don't cost much.

2: Ryobi detail sander - it's great for making your hand numb, but little else. Thankfully it was a gift so I didn't actually pay for it. 3: B&D belt sander - the internal drive belt mis-tracked off the end of one pulley, and chewed through the side of the plastic case after about 2 hours of use over the course of 2 years. 4: Freud FT1700 router - built in above table adjustment stripped, spindle lock broke, then motor died after about a year.

Needless to say, I don't buy Ryobi, B&D or Freud power tools any more (though I still buy Freud blades and bits).

Regards, John.

Reply to
the_tool_man

Reply to
nospambob

For the record, their paint roller syringe thingie was great. Then again, that's not a sprayer is it.

brian

Reply to
brianlanning

If you're talking about the Paintmate Plus mine kept losing the roller until I put a rubber band around the white plastic finger clip that purportedly holds it in place. It's been fine since. Their corner and edge painter that works on the same principle is also handy.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I bought 2 of their power rollers. The first 20 years ago leaked all over and I threw it out. The second (new design, 12 years ago worked OK for a while but after storing for 5 years wouldn't even turn on.

Real waste of money

Reply to
Ken Johnsen

Maybe it's just me, but I never had a single problem with the baseplate of that tool. Granted I've only used it once, but I've used similar models with similar baseplate design with no trouble at all.

The worst tools I have are from this iGo "furniture assembling kit" that my mother bought me for some reason. It has a cordless screwdriver and cordless drill. Both run on two AA batteries. Yup, two AA batteries. Pretty cheesy to begin with and the bits that come with it break too easily. Which is pretty impressive given that there's only AA power in there.

However, I can't really fault the two items for being what they are. They're still useful if I need to quickly drill through something soft and I'm too impatient to wait for the battery to charge on my cordless drill or too lazy to mess with a corded. And the screwdriver IS angled, which is more useful than not having it. They just don't have much in the way of power and are such light plastic I'm surprised they haven't fallen apart or the motor burned out by now.

I'm sure I have a lot of tools that people would consider POS, but I'm of the opinion that as long as I can do what I need with them, I don't care if it's the hottest thing on the market that looks like a sneaker (coughhitachicough) and will make you a sandwich. Not like I could have afforded high end tools on a student's budget back then anyway. But if I could have, there would have been a table saw in my dorm room first thing.

Reply to
ivytheplant