Re: The Tool Your Sorry You Bought

Mine has given me great service. I had to refinish a sign with wooden letters 2 1/2" high. All the letters were made of different varieties of wood. The PC took it down so that the different wood grains really show up. I haven't used it a lot of hours, but it works better for odd places than anything else I have in the shop. harrym

I don't like the PC any better. It is a piece of junk.
Reply to
HarryM

I agree. Tried to sell my PC detail sander at a garage sale and it wouldn;t sell for $50. Most sneered at it and no offers at any price.

Reply to
Cape Cod Bob

a craftsman 5 1/8 table top jointer. thed thing is loud and the fence is really weak. cant even find replacement blades for the thing. whatta piece of crap. i wasted $138. yup still crying. lol

Reply to
LJancila

a little benchtop Chinese drill press. Supposed to have a 1/3hp motor and 1/2" capacity - I don't think so. It would stall drilling a 5mm (3/16") hole in steel, and 1/4" in wood was a struggle. Geoff

Reply to
Geoff M

Ahh, the few days prior to my knowing anything about tools:

A Ryobi BTS10 10" table saw. Piece of @#$@#^ plastic saw. I only blew a hundred, but still... Cripes. It should have held up a little better, regardless of the YGWYPF factor. The depth adjustment bolt stripped out after only about 30 or so working hours! The cheap crappy plastic base has what they probably think of as rack & pinion bevel adjustment lost all it's teeth very quickly. I feel I expected too much from this horrible thing: I wanted it to work more than once.

All is good, though. I was able to replace the stripped out 3/8" bolt with a 12" threaded rod and a cast-aluminum hand wheel. The whole thing has donated it's internal organs to be transplanted into a custom tablesaw/router table I'm building. So far, things are turning out nicely even for a cheapy POS saw. Pictures to come as soon as I figure out how to reinvent the bevel adjustment!

One day I'll replace the crappy direct-drive universal motor setup with a decent motor/belt/pully system. If only to keep me from feeling bad about using this thing with my nifty new Incra Ultra fence (*toolgasm*)!

Lesson learned.

Reply to
Beamer