WoodWorks! show, Schaumberg IL, Feb 1 - Cancelled?

just got a phone call from a lady at the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel & Convention Center saying they'd just gotten confirmation that the show had been canceled. Would I like to cancel my room reservation?

I'm still calling around trying to find out if it's true. The Woodcraft in Palatine hadn't heard about it and he's now all worried and calling around, and all I get from the phone numbers on the website is voicemail recordings. Nothing on the website. But if it's true I'm not too surprised about that. My experience is they aren't in too much of a hurry to tell everyone that things fell apart.

Has anyone heard anything?

Man, I was registered for a class with Frank Klausz. Mutter grumble.

Reply to
else24

Did you try the "Contact Us" link on the url you posted?

Reply to
B A R R Y

[Holding my sarcasm firmly in check]

Yes. Several times. No reply to the emails or the voice mail messages. The phones never get answered.

By the way, if you happen to notice that the page isn't there any more and the only location now listed is the West Springfield MA show, so have I.

Reply to
else24

That 'sez lots! I wouldn't make the trip.

Reply to
B A R R Y

SWMBO and I went to the show in York PA. Very disappointing. Not much in the way of exhibitors, and attendance seemed low. We both got the feeling that the show was failing. A shame.

We're looking forward to the "WoodWorking" show in Somerset NJ next month. Hope it does better.

Reply to
Art Greenberg

I emailed the show and they cancelled it due to lack of vendor participation. Lou

Reply to
Lou

2008 21:46:06 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I just got a response too. They've promised a refund within 30 days. I'm in a more forgiving mood now.

Reply to
else24