Woodworking shows - Houston area

Is there anything to these? I've never been to one, and it looks like there's a show at the end of the month in Houston - that's within 100 miles and the closest civilization to the rice paddy I live in.. Buying tickets to a an infomercial seems odd to start with, plus parking, and so on. I wouldn't be going to the seminars (at $50 a pop), but is there anything I should convince SWMBO that we need to pay to see, or should I just enjoy a day in the shop making sawdust?

Reply to
<Joe

I am going and have for the last ummmm 20+ years.

Reply to
Leon

month in Houston - that's within 100 miles and the closest civilization to the rice paddy I live in..

should convince SWMBO that we need to pay to see, or should I just enjoy a day in the shop making sawdust?

I will be there at the Southeast Texas Woodworkers booth. The shows look like they get smaller every year and the do now that TWC is no longer around. You can still pickup deals. I got a shop fox 2hp dust collector last year for $195. Most show deals include accessories that would be extra if you ordered it or got it local.

Reply to
Jody

Leon, is this the same vendor show I met you and Swing at last year? If so, where is it? Hell... if not, where is it?

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Hey if you want a real show just convince your wife you need to have a vacation in Vegas and go to the AWFS in July or August, not sure of the date. It has all the big boys with massive machines but plenty of the same types of guys you see at the local shows too. Plus you get to see all the CAD systems. I went and saw my first full demo of the Leigh LMT. This is like Disneyland for WWkrs. FWW Mag also had a competition for furniture and had other items displayed in the lobby. I saw that incredible Federal table with the inlay work that was on the cover early last year and lots of other amazing work. Several pieces that were cover shots or included in the gallery pages of FWW.

month in Houston - that's within 100 miles and the closest civilization to the rice paddy I live in..

should convince SWMBO that we need to pay to see, or should I just enjoy a day in the shop making sawdust?

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Yes! It is the same one. It's at Reliant Center again, next to the Astrodome.

Reply to
Leon