Woodworking lathe?

Hello all Any ;plans for DIY tracer / duplicator for woodworking lathe? tia Basil

Reply to
basil

Darrell Feltmate

In the unlikely even you are in upstate NY, I have a craftsman duplicator I would be willing to sell for a reasonable price.

Reply to
Toller

That depends. Are you duplicating, or are you making duplicates ?

I can turn out a set of matching pieces by hand, but I can't make one new piece to match someone else's existing one. I can't even turn out matching pieces over several days.

Reply to
dingbat

Reply to
Darrell Feltmate

I'm posting through Google, as I'm not at home. I've used the same email address for years, so some of you might recognise it, and the full name 8-)

Close enough is _better_. If you want a Windsor chair with _identical_ spindles, go to the Swedenborg. If you want just enough variation between them to give it character, have it hand made. If you want the spindles to taper properly as they vary in length, go to a good turner who can vary the shape in proportion throughout, not just duplicate them and trim the ends.

Reply to
dingbat