Woodworkers Warehouse - Final Days

For those that live by WWW stores that are still open, they're at 40% off on individual router bits, 30% off sets with just about everything else at 25% off what's left. Fella picked up the DeWalt supersaw while I was there for $617... nice deal for him.

and yes, I picked up some Freud bits ,,,

Bob S.

They can keep it.

The store by me in NJ had signs that said, "Liquidation, Everything must go", "20%-40% off".

The 20% off was no big deal. I can find those prices anywhere. I asked what they had in the store that was 40% off and the salesman said they had nothing there that was marked down that low. Everything was at full retail price, nothing marked down other than the 20% off.

Right up to the last few minutes they were only giving 20% off and said what was left was being shipped to Massachusetts, so much for the liquidation at that location.

I tried to by a Delta Unisaw there last February and they wouldn't talk price so I waited 2 weeks and went to a sale an hour away where a Delta rep was present and saved around $300. Their prices seemed a bit on the high side on most of their products, they needed to adjust to the internet's pricing but chose to go out of business instead.

I really want to buy a Jet 15" planer, they had 2 of them left but at 20% off their normal price the incentive was not there for me to jump on it. Might be time to order a Grizzly.

Reply to
scottso

I'm with you. My understanding is some stores will close soon and the inventory sent to other stores that will drag on a bit (like the one here in Lebanon, NH). BUT, they'll have to do better than 20% off, which really only gets them to other places everyday price (example: Makita router set, $250 after _all_ discounts -- I found one on-line for that price + they'll throw in a fence).

The store here has many mobile bases and roller stands, and a fair amount of clamps. I can't imagine them all selling at the current price. Maybe when it's 50% off I'll go scavenge.

Greg

scottso wrote:

Reply to
Gregory C. Lewin

I also agree. I've been to 5-6 stores in NJ. Very little was 40% most was

20% which was only competitive with other sources.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Johnsen