woodworkers in paradise

Aloha woodworkers for those of us who live "outside the contiguous states" i.e.. Hawaii and Alaska. In the latest issue of WOOD magazine the advertising by "Pennstateindustries" for clamps is false. Stated very clearly in the bottom left corner; Free shipping on clamp orders over $100". There is no qualifier about the contiguous states. I tried to place an order and was refused free shipping. Brad Stafford

Reply to
brad stafford

While the ad didn't state that (and it should have), you weren't surprised were you? After all, what do you want??? Free shipping AND paradise? Sheez! :-)

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

Wed, Jun 16, 2004, 5:43pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (brad=A0stafford) says: Free shipping on clamp orders over $100". There is no qualifier about the contiguous states. I tried to place an order and was refused free shipping.

I'd probably get back to them and mention things like "false advertsing", "truth in advertising", etc. Maybe mention whatever office covers that stuff. Might get your free shipping then. Once. Next ads will probably have the disclaimer. Be polite.

JOAT Use your brain - it's the small things that count.

- Bazooka Joe

Reply to
J T

Reply to
Sweet Sawdust

I'm sure all the Hawaiians thanked that official for his pronouncement.

Reply to
Lazarus Long