Woodturning/working store near Calgary ?

Hello,

I'll be in hollydays near Calgary (Canada) in August this summer. I hope to find some bargain in woodturning or woodworking stuff here in Canada (at least compared to French prices which are rather high !)

So, if you have any suggestion for a store in Calgary (or nearby), it would be appreciated :-)

Thanks in advance

Jean-Yves (from Toulouse FRANCE)

Reply to
JYS

Ralph

Reply to
Ralph

Lee Valley Tools has a store in Calgary. I've never had the time to stop and shop there, but IIRC, it's near Deerfoot Trail.

BTW, happy belated Canuckistani Day to our friends up north.

Chuck Vance

Reply to
Conan The Librarian

graham

Hello Another store of interest is "House of Tools". I don't know the exact address but the store is at the corner of McLeod Trail and Heritage Trail, ( north east corner). All of the stores mentioned, House of Tools, Black forest and LeeValley, are in the same neighbourhood and can be easily accessed from Heritage. Enjoy Edward "

Reply to
edward tabachek

Don't forget Canadian Tire, they have some good prices on tools quite often.

Reply to
Lewis Dodd

Lee Valley.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

These are my favourite haunts in Calgary, as also promoted by others in this thread. As far as "bargains", you might be disappointed unless the regular trade price is better here in Canada than it is for you in France. An international visitor can also apply to be refunded the federal GST (Value Added Tax and other interpretations are many) which is 7% in Canada. Only in the province of Alberta is there no provincial sales tax, which varies up to

10% additional in other provinces, yes, that's up to 17% total.

Valley

7261 11th Street S.E. (403)253-2066 Off Heritage Dr., one block east of Costco Request a Free Catalog To receive a free copy of our woodworking, gardening or hardware catalogs, please click here. We never rent, sell or swap our customer names, and you will never receive mail from others as a result of buying from us.

Lee Valley has by far the best catalog selection of interesting items which includes woodworking tools and hardware and gardening tools, and regular specialty "reminder" catalogs every couple of months. By all means visit and get on their mailing list.

Black Forest Wood Company Ltd. Location Map Bay 7, 603-77th Ave. S.E. Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2H 2B9 Phone: (403) 255-6044 Fax: (403) 255-6502 Toll free in Canada and USA 1- 877-686-6061 snipped-for-privacy@blackforestwood.com

House Of Tools #136-8228 MacLeod Trail SE Calgary, Alberta Canada T2H 2B8 Tel: 403-258-0005 Fax: 403-252-0149

Stephen

Thanks to all of you for you answers : I printed all the descriptions you made and will try to go there.

(BTW : Veritas Tools ARE really expensive here in France !)