Woodsplitter

What is the name of the wood splitter that Roy Underhill uses? It has a handle on one end, a blade that's about 15 inches long, and a place on the other end to strike with a mallet? I'd like to get one, but I don't know what it's called, where to buy it, or if if they are still able to be purchased.

Thanks,

S.

Reply to
samson

it's called a FROE i'd bet if you look online you could find one . they use them for splitting staves. ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

Yes, there's one on Ebay for 20.00. I appreciate the help.

S.

Reply to
samson

An expression I learned from my dad is "dull as a froe".

Reply to
darkon

I think Lee Valley may carry them as well.

Reply to
Cubby

Thanks. I bought one from Lehman's. I've been cutting wood on my place, and when I split oak for firewood and see that beautiful grain, I know I need to use some of it to make stuff.

S.

Reply to
samson

... snip

Ah, the force is strong in this one. :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Are you asking about a froe? Here is one source:

DanG