Woodsmith project?

Anybody tried the "Lidded Box & Bookmark" project in #197 issue of Woodsmith mag.? Resawing 1/16", 1/32" thicknesses, etc???

For that matter, anyone wanna render opinion(s) of Woodsmith projects over the years?

Willie

Reply to
Willie The Wimp

Didn't build the box, but did use the resaw technique for the coaster project in that issue. Worked fine.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Didja have to run out and buy the $70 thin-kerf blade? I tried a

1/16" walnut piece with std blade and filled the house with smoke.
Reply to
Willie The Wimp

No, I had a 24 tooth thin kerf Freud Diablo blade. Cut 6/4 walnut and cherry like buttah. I used a Highland Hardware 1/2" woodslicer on the bandsaw to cut the coasters off the blank. Also cut like buttah with no drift or lead.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Must be nice ... to be properly equipped.

Thx, Willie

Reply to
Willie The Wimp

--FWIW I've done several of their projects. The most useful is the folding router table with split tabletop clamping accessory. I use it for everything and it does store neatly. Only thing I changed was the height of the folding legs, which I increased by maybe 6". Oh, and I used some surplus linear bearings to make the fence slide parallel..

Reply to
steamer