Woodmaster Multi-Tool

Newbie here, Does anybody know of this piece of equipment? It looks like a 'Shopsmith' set-up. I just aquired one recently and need parts for it. It must be some 20-30 years old I think. It was my dads a long time ago. I'd like to know if it's possible to revive it, and if parts ARE available...is it worth it. The motor works, but the speed gear set-up has all the teeth worn off. Does it matter? I'm also new to woodworking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Jeff

Reply to
The Phantom

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 05:51:06 -0400 (EDT), organ snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (The Phantom) Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

snip

took a little diggin in some stuff i had from years ago...but i found contact info for your machines manufacturer. . .

the 800 number is still good, so i wish you luck with it.

WOODMASTER TOOLS

1431 N.Topping PE 50 Kansas City, MO 64120 tel: 800-821-6651

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

The Phantom

- Nehmo -

's a planer with changeable custom knives. You can make moldings. The modern Woodmasters have two motors, one for feed and another for the cutting head.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

Did you not see my last response to your question?

Woodmaster does not exist any longer and nobody supports their Shopsmith knockoff. However (as I previously stated) many Shopsmith parts will probably fit as the Woodmaster was simply a direct copy made cheaply in China. Go to

and check out their on-line exploded parts listings.

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

- Jeff - > > Does anybody know of this piece of equipment?

- David Hall -

- Nehmo - Maybe he didn't see it. I didn't until I saw it on Google. Your post and my earlier post didn't show up on news-server.kc.rr.com . I can't explain why Google get some post that other news-servers miss.

- David Hall -

- Nehmo - I suppose it's possible that there is more than one "Woodmaster"; the name is just two common words put together, and you might be referring to a different one. But the Woodmaster over here in Kansas City is still alive. As I said before, they make a two-motor planer-drumsander-bladeturning machine that's good to make moldings.

cheapest version, Model 712, 12",is about $1,000. At the other end, Model 5075, 50", $3,400, and you'll need some accessories too.)

The Shopsmith Is something different

"a 34" Lathe, a 10" Table Saw, a 12" Disc Sander, a Horizontal Boring & Doweling Machine, a 16-1/2" Drill Press".

OP seems to describe an old one-motor machine, so I'm not sure what he has. Maybe it's an old version of the modern Woodmaster.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

There was once a Woodmaster tool that was a direct knockoff of the Shopsmith Mark V 500. Whether it was imported by the same company that now sells the Woodmaster planer/molder I admit I do not know. However, the Woodmaster cum Shopsmith was a poor imitation imported from the far east and has been gone from the market for quite a few years, as are all other direct Shopsmith knockoffs AFAIK. A compnay called Smithy still makes a machine designed around the same concepts as the Shopsmith, but clearly different. These other clones, Woodmaster included, looked from a short distance to be a different colored Shopsmith Mark V 500. Thus many Shopsmith parts and accessories easily fit the clones. It would be the first place that I would look for parts, accessories and even documentation if I owned one of the clones.

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

replying to The Phantom, Gary Laing wrote: I have a practically new one that I have used very little...everything works very well but the saw blade is dull and probably needs to be replaced

Reply to
Gary Laing

replying to The Phantom, JPS wrote: I have a basic unit to sell. Runs great, everything turns- includes the sanding belt and some odds and ends. Is not complete as originally sold.

Reply to
JPS

replying to The Phantom, Whitney wrote: Hello Jeff, I have a wood master multi tool, about 25 years old. Hardly used. It's been in my friends basement for most of this time. I need the manual to reset the bearings in the joiner. If I get any info, I'll let you know.

Reply to
Whitney

replying to JPS, Larry wrote: JPS , I also acquired a ?Wood Master ? multi tool. I have got a few parts from shopsmith; however, there is a part I need that I cannot get. It is the ?Spindle Assembly.? If you are going to part it out I would be very interested in that part. If you are not sure which piece it is, it is the main spindle on the head stock. If you know of any other resources please pass that information as well.p

Reply to
Larry

replying to Traves W. Coppock, Doctorj wrote: Thanks Travis, I'll try their number to hopefully get some info about pricing my very old machine!

Reply to
Doctorj

replying to The Phantom, Doctorj wrote: I have a complete Woodmaster machine in near-new condition with all accessories. It was my late husband's, and it worked 20 years ago so all it should need is some lube I think. I don't want to part it out, I want to sell the whole machine, but I have no idea how much it's worth. can you help me out?

Reply to
Doctorj

Hey Larry i know this is an old post.. but I'm looking to replace my master shop "quill" with a shop smith quill.. and I'm hoping you can tell me a part number or if you successfully were able to replace yours with shop smiths.. thanks. Again sorry to bring up an old thread hopefully someone has their ears on. My Machine runs awesome and in good shape. it was FREE so the price of a quill to get it spinning true is worth it.

Reply to
JerseyTurningAC

I know this is an old post. Does anyone know of ANY resources available to owners of the Woodmaster Multitool? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Gsplprchr