Wooden stand

Hello, I plan on making a wooden stand for my wood lathe. I plan on using a torsion box for the top and for the bottom and also for the two sides. I will fill these either with sand or with lead shot. I also will be using 2 x 6s for bracing and my boxes will be 3 inches deep with a 3/4 plywood skin. I'm hoping this will be strong enough to take the weight of the lathe (500 pounds +/-) and the sand/lead, about

600 pounds +/-. The stand will be 18 inches wide by 2 feet tall and 6 foot long. The legs will span 24 inches for some stability. Any opions, any help? Thank you folks, Guy
Reply to
guy