Wooden Dowel Rod People Question

Saw at a craft show, little dowel rods with a round head shape. They were used as people in cars and trucks. Where can I buy these little beauties?? Any help appreciated Skip

Reply to
Skip Summer

A local lumber place around here (Windsor Plywood) sells a variety of hobby wooden parts, like wheels, little hearts, letters, and (the point to this reply) little wooden people like you describe. Unless you live in Western Canada, however, the name of the store won't help you. But the type of store might.

Clint

Reply to
Clint

They're not just in Canada. They have a store here in Spokane WA. So they may have some elsewhere in the US. But I suspect the "western" limitation is correct.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Cherry Tree Toys:

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

I think I'm wrong on all counts. Turns out they have two stores in Seattle, and one in Ontario (Canada). Ah, well, I tried... :) Of course, if that's the only thing I get wrong this week, I'll be happy!

Cl> > A local lumber place around here (Windsor Plywood) sells a variety of hobby

Reply to
Clint

A lot of craft catalogs offer these, try a Google search.

Josie

Reply to
firstjois

Playskool

Reply to
mac davis

Were these dowels with a head "turned" on them, or a dowel with a ball glued on? You can buy the wooden balls in various sizes from craft stores, etc.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Skip,

They are called "people" strangely enough. Playskool uses them in a lot of their toys. The best ones are turned on the lathe. Most craft stores carry one or two of the eight different types that are available. I sell scale wood to schools for bridge, tower, and home construction learning and will be bringing on board all eight different types (people) by the pound for woodworkers and crafters. If you need just a few . . . go to Michaels. If you want twenty to 100 . . .

.

I do not have anything listed yet ( turned wood ) as I am still gearing up for the 100 plus different types to be offered by the pound, you can email me of your needs and I will see what I can do to get you some ahead of time. Wheels, balls, knobs, finials, plugs, cubes, spindles ,glue pins, etc. if it is wood . . . I will have it soon.

P. G. Bray

Reply to
Patrick