wood / wood incompatibilies

Hey Group, (I did a google search and came up empty handed) Have you ever had any wood/wood incompatibilies? What I am referring to is gluing up wood A to wood B and having the project fail. One reason I'm asking is that I want to try some of the fancier double dovetail joints using my Incra positioner. I have a lot of oak, walnut, cherry, and a little maple to play with. I am certain that these are all compatible with regard to strength, stability etc. I know that if I made a joint using oak and white pine there would be a problem. So anyway, to elaborate on my original question, have you ever had joints fail? Darker woods staining laighter species? One art swells while the other is stable? One species harder to finish than another? Thanks in advance, Marc

Reply to
marc rosen