My new Steel City Saw vs. KingKong

My new Steel City small 10" cabinet saw arrived at the dealers today. I can't believe the packaging this saw came in. After listening to horror stories of shipping problems I think the pictures of the way Steel City ships it's products will be refreshing.

know this saw resembles the Sears Orion saws but the quality of the fit and finish is way more than I expected and it was available with a

3 hp motor and 2X heavy duty belt for the same price as the Sears saw. After using a 1958 Sears contractor saw for over 45 years ( which has had every part replaced at least once) I think this new saw will rock.
Reply to
Bob

Keep us posted - I'm interested in hearing more about this new brand.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Is there a core charge for that shipping container? Do you have to return it?

Reply to
Leon

Not only does the saw resemble the Sears-Orion, so does the cage. My Craftsman Zip Code saw came enclosed in a cage that looks just like it. Like you, I really didn't want to waste it so I knocked off the stubby little legs, installed some casters roughly where they were, bolted a piece of plywood to the top and mounted my bench grinder on it.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Definitely keep us posted on how that works out for you. I haven't even seen any of their goods yet. The nearest distributor to me is 350 miles and one state away.

Reply to
JeffB

Wow! =8^0

Reply to
B A R R Y

Maybe your floor is uneven. Try using shims.

Reply to
ALF_SCHUMWAY