Making SawBoards

I have to make some sawboards.

Since I need a 22-1/2 degree slant on some of my cuts I'll need to make a special sawboard for this.

I assume I can just use one of my circular saws to get this angle, but I would appreciate any advice on how to get it as "perfect" as possible.

Also, recommendations on what would be the best wood to use for a sawboard would be apprecaited.

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7

Yes using your circular saw is the best way. I assume your going to make it just slightly over 4' (aprox 50").

Pushing the accuracy of the cut:

  1. Use a new blade.
  2. clamp it down so it can't walk during the rip.
  3. Adjust the blade to cut about 1/8" deeper than the material's thickness, and set the whole thing SOLIDLY (no sagging) on some old 2 bys that your not afraid to cut grooves into.
  4. Prepare your anatomy by making your stance and pretending to cut the entire length, noting anything that makes you have to pause or become distracted, then eliminating it.
  5. Optional...You may wish to take a big breath, let it out, then take another deep breath and let out half your air, and start cutting. This is a well known method among sharp shooters, of steadying ones arms and hands when taking aim, and it may or may not work for you when attempting to increase your accuracy with making saw cuts.

Good Luck, DoubleD

Reply to
DoubleD

Thanks.

I'll need to cut as thick as 3/4".

Perhaps it is best to find the smallest circular saw I can get that has the tilting feature.

Darren Harris Staten Island, Nwe York.

Reply to
Searcher7