Wood Question: Which is stronger, a round post or square post?

Yes, that would be true, but that wasn't the question. Thanks, but the question has already been answered.

Reply to
McQualude

It was a simple question that several people already posted good answers for. As I stated in the first post, I lifted the question from another group because I thought a bunch of woodworkers might have good answers, I gave you all the information that was available in the original post. The original poster did not answer any questions that were in the original thread, so I gave you all the information that I had. I'm not sure how this makes me a troll, but you can go f*ck yourself.

Reply to
McQualude

Wow, what a huge thread !

There's no way I'm wading through all the replies, as dinner is waiting and I've got to fly.

If the "post" is a fence post and loaded on side

I was taught that the grain line-up, that would decide

As to whether or not it would resist the cow

(Our fence posts were square, and not round but it's "how"

the grain was a'running and not 'bout it's section

t'would resist our big bull with a full-blow erection

and, if our bull wanted to get out, when hot

a square or a circle, it didn't mean snot)

But, if you are saying a post is a column

And holds up big buildings and things that are solemn

Like kitchens and children and Grandfather's rocker

I'll spin you a truth that's not much of a shocker

A square that is six inch on each of it's sides

Has an area greater than circles that wide

The area's key, it's the thing that must rule

And he who says dif'rent is not but a fool.

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

No shit. I've answered the thing about 5 times by now just by myself, not including the other answers. Of course, I don't know how one could give an accurate answer because based on the limited amount of information available, there's no way to be specific. I included the assumptions that I made in my examples.

todd

Reply to
todd

What a lovely sentiment.

Why didn't you just answer "I don't have a clue, I just copied the question" instead of giving ambiguous and vague answers about width. "Width doesn't matter" is an irrelevant comment.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

That's what women tell us to make us feel better.

Reply to
Mark