Wood Prep?

Hello,

I'm sure this question has been raised before, but could someone fill me in. I want to use a water soluble aniline dye on pine, but before I do so what is the procedure for wood preparation. Thank you.

Reply to
Art Lindquist

JGS

I've had good luck pre-treating the pine with a glue size before staining (using oil-based stains).

I keep my glue brushes in an old plastic cup full of water (topping off as necessary). After a while, the water becomes a weak size perfect for application prior to staining.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Reply to