Wood Gloat - Yes I suck

A few weeks ago I was talking to a guy that I work with that is remodeling his basement. He said that in the past someone had "paneled" the basement with oak boards and he was removing them. Well of course I asked if he was interested in selling it. A few days later he called me and asked if I was still interested in the oak. I said sure and asked how much he wanted for it. He says "come and get it out of my house and it's yours". So that weekend I hook up the trailer and head over to pick it up. Turns out that it is 300 board feat of 4/4 rough sawn oak. All of it 6" plus wide and 8' long. it had been lightly stained on one side but once milled it will all be gone. Like I said I suck and I know it :)

Reply to
Rob Ritch

You're right you do suck. Nice score.

Rick

Reply to
RKG

Yeah, you suck, but get a metal detector and use it carefully or you'll find the remaining nails at the wrong time.

Charlie Self "Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." Redd Foxx

Reply to
Charlie Self

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m06.aol.com:

Yeah already got one. I will use it before it goes through the sharp spinning things

Reply to
Rob Ritch

Then there's no need to state the obvious.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

You Suck. But then, you already know that.

Joe C.

Reply to
Joe C.

yep.. you suck big time... you don't need a DC in your shop *g*

Great find! The nice thing is that you got all that great oak, and your friend, who had no need for it, got rid of all those (to him) ugly, 8' long boards that he would have had to haul off to the *shudder* dump..

Reply to
mac davis

Tue, Nov 16, 2004, 7:46am (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcast.net (Rob=A0Ritch) says hateful stuff:

Usually Dave From Fairfax casts my proxy ballot. Today I am voting for the both of us.

We hate you.

JOAT Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification.

- Publilius Syrus

Reply to
J T

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news:18534-419A379A-123@storefull-

3151.bay.webtv.net:

Wait till he finds out that I am just a few miles from him. He will hate me even more

Reply to
Rob Ritch

Well, at least it's only oak. Had it been cherry I might have had some nasty words for you.

Reply to
John McGaw