Who Makes Blast Gates That Don't Get Clogged?

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 17:56:11 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

If you want 6" down to 4" I would say go to clearvuecyclones.com
On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 11:11:46 PM UTC-4, swalker wrote:

Thanks. I'll check them out. Never hurts to have another resource.
On 8/12/2019 8:56 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

If you had an ounce of woodworking skill, you would have made your own long ago.
--
Jack
On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 7:52:31 AM UTC-4, Jack wrote:

So let me see if I understand that dickhead comment correctly.
You are essentially saying:
"Any one who uses a commercially made blast gate doesn't have an once of woodworking skill."
I wonder how many others in this group agree with that. (I mean agreement on your blast gate comment. I'm sure that there is agreement on my use of the word dickhead.)
On 8/13/2019 4:11 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

What I said is clear, calling it a "dickhead comment" won't clear it up for you.
--
Jack
I'd rather argue against 100 idiots than have one agree with me.

...snip...
I have a remote control receptacle that controls the wet-dry vac that acts as my DC. The vac is in the cabinet under my miter saw.
The remote is typically velcro'd to the side of my miter saw, but travels with me when I'll be turning the vac on and off multiple times at a another tool.
I tried a Smart Plug with my Echo Dot, but the results were too intermittent for my liking. "Alexa, vacuum on" works perfectly. However, "Alexa, vacuum off" either works immediately or results in responses like:
"Did you mean vacuum?" "Sorry, I can't find a device named cuum" "Sorry, I can't find a device named vac" or no response at all.
It all depends on which way I'm facing, how loud the music is, how loud I speak, etc. If my choice is to sometimes have to repeat myself multiple times or turn and face the Dot or always yell at the top of my lungs, I'll stick with the remote.
Maybe I should try some other names for the plug. Perhaps one syllable will work better.
On Friday, August 9, 2019 at 10:05:37 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I expect the noise with the vacuum running clogs the echo dot hearing. Maybe you should try Alexa app on your phone and use a headset.
I use Apple home app and talk to my apple watch all the time to control lighting and door in my shop.
On 8/9/2019 7:31 AM, Jack wrote:

Well I would speculate that the blast gates were first used in larger multi man shops where every thing is anchored. I could be wrong.

All of my equipment is mobile and I almost never use a machine where it is stored. Attaching the hose is simply one more step to positioning the tool and and plugging in the power cord. My DC hose hangs down from about the center of my garage. Needless to say blast gates would not work for me nor do I need a complicated network of pipe for each tool.
The remote for the DC is very handy, mine came with it built in to start with.

On Friday, August 9, 2019 at 10:16:12 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

What are the characteristics of a "complicated network of pipe"? ;-)
Bob
On Sunday, August 11, 2019 at 2:11:24 PM UTC-4, Bob D wrote:

Something like this, perhaps?
https://i.imgur.com/BB6Wi6y.jpg
On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 13:31:35 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

Yeah, that must really suck.
On 8/11/2019 1:11 PM, Bob D wrote:

More pipes than 1 "ONE". ;~)
On Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 1:54:23 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

My shop has become so crowded. All of my collection hoses drop from the ceiling. If I had to run a hose across the floor, I would have to hang from the ceiling to operate my tablesaw. :-). But you've already seen my mess.
Bob
On 8/14/2019 7:22 PM, Bob D wrote:

LOL, so Bob If you will recall my hose goes up to the a 2x4 fitted between one of the garage door rails. The DC hose hangs from there normally. If I need long, 30', I take the hose down from the hanger hooks and lay it on the floor.
How is that Ridgeline working for you?
We bought this a couple of days ago. https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/48552183712/in/dateposted/
On Friday, August 16, 2019 at 12:07:31 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

Nice truck.
On 8/16/2019 5:08 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Thank you!
On Friday, August 16, 2019 at 11:07:31 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

You've got 50% more space than me, and I've got 50% more junk (counting the two recently acquired recumbent trikes). :-)
The ridgeline is proving to be perfect (for me). Its not for someone who wants a big truck.
I like your new truck.
On 8/16/2019 9:47 PM, Bob D wrote:

You need a two story garage. ;~)

The Ridgeline probably would been enough for us too, had we not wanted a, nice long road trip vacation vehicle, with the ability to deliver furniture. We got a heck of a deal, it had options that we normally would not have gotten, moon roof, massage seats, and FX4. BUT we paid about $3K less than what KBB indicated was a great deal in our area. And the Tundra that we traded proved to hold it's value very well. We got almost 1/2 of what we paid for it 12 years ago. I totally believe that the appraiser wanted the Tundra for himself. "He" came back telling "me" about how Tundras drive and how clean our dirty truck was. :~) He either wanted it or he had a customer looking for one.

beginning to get back to normal.