Where to get clock movments?

Hi,

I know this must be a common question, but googleing I cannot seem to find the answer. So... sorry about bothering you guys with a frequently asked question.

I am building a wall clock and would like to put a wind up mechanical movement in it. It will have about a 12" face with a pendulum about 20". So... I am looking for a place where I can buy such movements with faces and pendulums.

Suggestions please?

thanks

-- Bill

Please God, delete G Bush. NOW.

Reply to
Bill Schowengerdt

Klockit

George

Checkout Klockit,

, I have ordered a couple of clock and musicbox movements from them.

John

Reply to
John

I normally get my supplies from Klockit:

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova

Another place to get movements, as well as many other things (e.g., oils, decals, glass, bezels, books, etc.) for clocks is S. LaRose:

I have gotten several different types of movements as well as repair parts from them over the past 30 years.

Reply to
Jim Artherholt

Thank you all very much

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:07:38 -0500, In the heat of the moment, "Jim Artherholt" posted: .

-- Bill

Please God, delete G Bush. NOW.

Reply to
Bill Schowengerdt

most any good dedicated woodworking store (although some have more than others)

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

5 Reviews:

- Workshop Essentials Under $30

- Festool PS 300 Jigsaws

- Delta Universal Tenoning Jig

- Ryobi Reciprocating Saw

- Infinity Router Bits

SawEyes

As others have suggested,

is an excellent source. Fair pricing, excellent service and customer care.

Add

to the list

Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker

Charlie Self

just a fyi - always buy the movement first before starting a clock project. I hope you find one that fits!

Reply to
acronym

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 00:34:04 GMT, In the heat of the moment, acronym posted: .

Actualy, I have a case that I really like and need to fit a movement.

-- Bill

Please God, delete G Bush. NOW.

Reply to
Bill Schowengerdt