Looking for a clock movement

I'm looking for a 31-day, pendulum clock movement. Anyone seen this type of movement for sale???

A clock advertised as being made by Kassel is being sold all over the internet for some really cheap prices. eBay has them from several vendors for $10 + $45 S&H. It's a good sized wall clock measuring about 23 inches tall. Here's a link to one of them:

this price, the movements have to be pretty cheap because there's also a lot of wood.

I only want the movement with pendulum for a clock I'm building. Maybe my cheapest route is to buy the clock and take the movement out... LOL...

TIA.. ~Joe

Reply to
J Porter

Have you thought about a battery operated pendulum? Lee Valley Tools has a few.

?SID=&ccurrency=1&page=32902&category=1,42405,42409

Upscale

Checkout

John

lists Korean-made 31-day movements for $50 or so (look in the "old catalog" section--whether they actually have stock I don't know) as well as quartz pendulum movements for 7 bucks and up.

Reply to
J. Clarke

"J Porter" wrote in news:wmmHc.12121$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com:

Merrit's Antiques, has been good to work with. A VERY complete catalog. The website could use some assistance, but the 800- number is well staffed.

Disclaimer: I've only built two clocks, so I am but a novice in that area.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 14:25:20 GMT, patriarch calmly ranted:

Posting web URLs seems to be another novice area, Dad. ;)

------------------------------------------- Crapsman tools are their own punishment
Comprehensive Website Design ======================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Hey, I typed right the way it was printed on their snail-mail flyer! They send me one religiously each month, hoping to warm my credit card once again.

Patriarch, still a rookie in SO many ways!

Reply to
patriarch

:)I'm looking for a 31-day, pendulum clock movement. Anyone seen this type of :)movement for sale??? :) :)A clock advertised as being made by Kassel is being sold all over the :)internet for some really cheap prices. eBay has them from several vendors :)for $10 + $45 S&H. It's a good sized wall clock measuring about 23 inches :)tall. Here's a link to one of them: :)

:)At this price, the movements have to be pretty cheap because there's also a :)lot of wood. :) :)I only want the movement with pendulum for a clock I'm building. Maybe my :)cheapest route is to buy the clock and take the movement out... LOL... :) :)TIA.. :)~Joe :)

Reply to
Bilbo

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 18:01:09 GMT, patriarch calmly ranted:

They're screwing themselves when they make typos. That URL went to a portal who's selling ad space. It'll make a very bad impression on future clients, wot?

-------------------------------------------- -- I'm in touch with my Inner Curmudgeon. --

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

OK. My typo. I missed what you were trying to correct. That's the ONLY time that happened all day yesterday. Well, maybe not ;-)

A little wood filler, a little 220, and it's almost good, right?

Reply to
patriarch