Where to buy stains and dyes?

Rockler's got almost nothing in their catalog. What's a good place online for buying wood finishing stuff?

TIA Norm

Reply to
Norm Dresner

support

Rockler, as indicated, does have them. Also others, like

so forth.

Reply to
George

Lockwood has a good selection.

RicodJour

Woodcraft handles the transtint water soluble dyes. Unless you have a scale, get the kind that is predisolved. I use a 10 ml syringe to measure out test batches a and scaled up batches.

Reply to
MB

I suggest that you use Homestead Finishing. IMO Jeff Jewitt is at the top of the finishing pyramid and really know his products.

Frank Drackman

I'd suggest, then, that you at least put a note in the catalog to that effect. If you hadn't responded here, I'd never have known that.

Norm

| > TIA | > Norm |

Reply to
Norm Dresner

at offering help too (via his bulletin boards). Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Lockwood is the best IMO for selection and price on the web.

Reply to
Curly Woods

Their store in NY is quite an experience. It's like walking into one of those now extinct old time hardware stores where there's a feel of age and experience in the place and the people actually know what the hell they're talking about. Like an inverse of Home Depot. ;)

RicodJour

Steve...

It's nice to know that Rockler, like other companies, has a presence in the NG... thanks for responding so quickly..

Mac

mac davis