Where To Buy Dewaxed Shellac in Northern Virginia

I have looked at various paint stores and BORGs here in NoVa, and no one seems to carry dewaxed shellac, the kind to use as a spit coat before staining pine.

Anyone know of a source here?

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

1 1/2# (depending on who you believe) dewaxed shellac.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Hope he has better luck than I have. No Borg carries it here. Every other Zinsser product but not this one.

Reply to
CW

Zinsser "SealCoat" is dewaxed shellac. According to Zinsser's web site it looks like "Duron Paints & Wall Coverings" would be the best bet in your area.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

Is there a Sears nearby?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Don't know of a source in NoVa but in Baltimore we have a local paint store chain named Budeke's that has it. Check out Zinsser's web site or google for Bullseye Sealcoat Zinsser to find their site. I can't remember if they had a dealer locator or if I emailed them to find out who stocked it, but they will answer. In fact, when the product was first released, a company rep (IIRC he was the president or CEO or some upper manager type) even posted about it here on the rec.

Reply to
lwasserm

Thanks. Found it at the blue BORG, which is not nearly as close as the orange ones. The orange ones in my area are really poorly stocked, unorganized, dirty picked-over merchandise. If I were a stockholder, I'd be pretty mad about how they manage those stores compared to Lowes.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Have you tried Woodcraft? (703) 912-6727 6123 Backlick Rd, Springfield

If not there, then in the same shopping center try Fischer Hardware, (703) 451-3700 HTH. - Igor

Reply to
Igor

Buck,

Not sure where in NoVa you are but Woodcraft just opened in Leesburg.

SteveP.

Reply to
Highland Pairos