When Giants Walked the Wreck - and the proper use of Google

Well, I remember in the old days, it was a bit difficult to set up and use an NNTP newserver even if you knew they existed.

Now you can access newsgroups via the web and setting up a news account is childs play.

Reply to
Robert Allison

I'm sure we'll all get a charge out of the induction ceremony.

Reply to
Al Reid

The situation here is far from being out-of-control. However, we do see OT threads being started here where the first article is the ONLY article ever posted to UseNet under that username.

This makes it clear that someone is trying to bust our chain. I supspec that Mr Miller and Mr Hinz would agree that they should be ignored.

Reply to
fredfighter

Oh COME ON! Can't we all just get along and get back to the current topic?

:)

Reply to
Vic Baron

On the whole this is a pretty decent group. Much of the advice is uninformed, but there is usually some wheat mixed in with the chaff. Other groups are troubled by lunatics and are unusable. One I visit had to go moderated to escape it. (no, it wasn't me...) So, be grateful for what you have.

Reply to
toller

Panache and style - that's a wooddorking joint, is it noT

Reply to
Vic Baron

And the children do play -

Reply to
Vic Baron

Dave Balderstone states:

trending

With AOL's dropping usenet I think we'll see a sudden decline.

Reply to
Charlie Self

NO! Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Reply to
Al Reid

And NEVER cross the streams. It would be bad.

Reply to
Charles Krug

Just keeping current.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

Ah, more static. Figures.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

That takes the stain right to a liver color, doesn't it?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

on 3/18/2005 2:21 PM Dave Hinz said the following:

I really hate puns, but I'm still getting a charge out this thread.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Well, I'd keep an ion it, or you'll wonder wye you didn't.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

I think some of the fixtures in this group have lost their grounding. I'm going out to light up....

Reply to
gw

IC

--=20 Will R. Jewel Boxes and Wood Art

power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20 who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
WillR

Who are you calling a fixture there, Sparky?

Reply to
Dave Hinz