When Giants Walked the Wreck - and the proper use of Google

The polarity would end if somebody would just switch the subject and everybody re fuse to discuss it anymore.

Reply to
woodcraftssuch

Not to short-circuit your line of thought, but just triac convince people to do that.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

If people can't make the connections, we can always resort to battery.

Reply to
woodcraftssuch

Winding yourself up again, Dave?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I think Vito, et al, had it wrong. This group doesn't need a moderator, it needs... (scroll down)

are you ready? (scroll down)

I'm really sorry about this... (scroll down)

a conductor.

Reply to
LRod

Any more inductance jokes and I'll have to slug somebody.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

A helium and a hydrogen atom were walking along. The helium atom suddenly went pale and exclaimed "I think I've lost an electron." The hydrogen atom replied, "Are you positive?"

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

grounding. I'm

neutral.

Reply to
woodcraftssuch

"What a revolting development this is!"

Chester A. Riley

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

This is getting too tense - need to relax so I shall chant the mantra for us all -

Ohm mani padre Ohm

Reply to
Vic Baron

This thread seems to have unlimited capacitance.

Reply to
John

on 3/18/2005 4:39 PM John said the following:

Unlimited capacitance for watt?

Game, set and match! Beat that!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Wats> > >>Once upon a time there were giants.

I have a solution. Whenever you feel the need to read r.w., go to Google groups and do a search for r.w. posts from the wreck's golden age. Read until you're content and stop wasting your time on the current group of plebians.

Okay, you have a point there. But you're not that far behind him in dishing out the political b.s. (btw, I mostly agree with your political bent but it doesn't belong here any more than Doug's does).

Not really. I (and you) can pass over posts we're not interested in much easier than we can ignore a cloud of smoke.

Poor analogy. Your analogy would be correct if Tom went to the hypothetical usenet group rec.woodworking.off-topic and complained about off-topic posts. But I get your point nonetheless. Off-topic posts are pervasive so complaining about them is sort of silly.

handfulls of

We're largely in agreement here. The people who complain the loudest about things that they find offensive are usually working pretty hard to be offended.

Cheers, Mike

Reply to
Mike

Yeah, dontcha just hate these damned Girlymen?

It was more in the way of introducing some of the newish folks to the people who ain't around no more, Swing.

Hell, anybody ought to be able to have fun dragging up a Paully Rad thread, or one of the O'Deen-Bennett threads.

The only OT categories that I really have a problem with are the ones that our Mommas told us not to play with in public: Politics and Religion.

My Momma wasn't big on having us discuss Personal Hygiene Matters in public, neither - but that's a fight for another day.

The problem with the Politics and Religion threads is that they wind up being about what divides us, instead of focusing on what we have in common - which allegedly is WoodDorking.

Everybody gets pissed off at each other, and the general harmony, such as it is, breaks down.

The real sad thing is that a lot of the fellas that consistently enter into these discussions seem like real smart people. But, with all the buttons that can get pushed, in a discussion that could be reasonable, but almost never is, things just get way out of hand; brains go out the window; people establish entrenched positions - and it becomes a siege, going on and on and on.

The absolute worst thing about these threads is that they are the primary reason that a lot of good people leave the group. There are resources that are denied to us because those resources can't hack the bullshit - and they pass on to some other venue.

Could be wrong about this, I guess.

You know the motto of the Wreck:

"Your Mileage May Vary".

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Well, after that, I guess I'll jump on my megacycle and ride across the Wheatstone Bridge and find my girlfriend Milli Amp and we can spend the evening reversing polarity and blowing each other's fuses.

So there!

Reply to
Vic Baron

I think that you would have a difficult time finding any political comments from me since about October of 2004.

You could look it up.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

CNN reports rom Atlanta the Energizer Bunny arrested---charged with battery.

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

on 3/18/2005 5:07 PM Vic Baron said the following:

I fold!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

A cute bag o' chips walks up to the macho battery and says, "If you're EverReady, I'm FritoLay".

(...ouch...)

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

I stand corrected. Starting a series of political ranting threads is okay as long as it happens during U.S. election season.

I think I'll pass but thanks nonetheless.

Cheers, Mike

Reply to
Mike