When does the disease end?

So use a panel raising plane 8-)

Hmmm. Nice if you want fancy shaped mouldings without hand planing them, but for flat raised panels I'd rather use the table saw.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Exactly. When the money runs out.

Can I have some money? :)

Reply to
Silvan

Unisaw A100 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Well, yeah, when you've got one or more of each.

I was in there Saturday, with a coupon that gave me $10 off, if I spent $30. I got to $20 OK, but after that, it was difficult. SWMBO helped out by finding a book on building trellises and gazebos. Wanna bet that'll cost a few hunnert dollars? ;-)

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

Hmmmm.. let's see what that costs:

7518 3HP PC router $300 Router Lift(Jessum) $300 Fancy bits set $150 fancy router table $150 ______ $900

The joy of making (1) raised panel door can never be priced.

Larry Bud wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

Pat Barber wrote in news:68sod.48410$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

And that assumes you got the right profile door set to begin with...

Patriarch, who believes that router bits are kinds like those potato chips...

Reply to
patriarch

Mailing the template half away across the NewNitedStates a couple of times...

Priceless!

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I went to Menard's, Sears and Farm & Fleet last week with $100 for hand tools, and came back with one $10 t-bevel. It isn't that I have one of each of what they've got- it's that they've got almost nothing that isn't junk! Try finding a decent handsaw, plane, chisel, drawknife, or, well, anything there- it's like digging in the sewer half the time. Ah well, I just ended up wasting the rest on stupid things, like groceries....

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

Prometheus wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I believe that, if you want to spend $100 on hand tools, and not end up with total junk, you're going to have to learn the ways of the rust hunter...

Because $100 doesn't buy a lot of Lie Nielsen. Or a lot of groceries, for that matter.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

Well, already made a router table, don't need the lift, and already had a router.

So really, it just cost me $69.99 for the bit.

Reply to
Larry Bud

No, but if you're looking for one Lie Nielsen tool, a c-note might get you something. But that wasn't the problem- they just didn't have anything good, at any price!

But you're obviously in a more expensive area than I- $100 buys way more groceries than my wife and I can eat in a month! Might be the rural setting, but that's the smallest bill I've got.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

With a budget of $1.67 per day, your wife must be thrilled that those scrumptious Ramen noodles are now available in so many different flavors... ;>

Reply to
Michael Baglio