What?? More Woodworking?

Just to change the subject matter from tool company trades, electrical theory, and software deals, I am just about to pull the trigger on the office file cabinet/bookshelf for our home.

For the past 14 months I have had customers lined up and have not been able to get started on this. For the past week I have been tweaking and playing around with different wood combinations.

I have come up with a cost of right at $1,400.00 fir materials, hardware, and tax.

There is a lull.

The link below shows the, I think final version, file cabinets and book cases to fill the entry wall to the office in our home. I believe I have shown this before, with a ladder.

Any way I have included in the drawing two versions, one with cherry panels and white oak framing and one with walnut panels and white oak framing. I also included the cherry and white oak desk that I build for the office about 3 years ago.

I will probably go with the cherry again to match the desk. All pieces are to scale, the desk is just a tad taller than a door opening and 8 feet wide. The wall cabinets will be just over 10 feet wide and just over 10 feet tall.

Leon

Just so you know, apparently you has to "sign up" to appropriately view what you've posted.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I apologize for my mistake that looks like poor grammar.

Reply to
Bill

I am not sure what to say, I emailed the link to my phone and had nt issue. And the link has been viewed 8 times already.

Perhaps you have something blocking.

Reply to
Leon

No problem here viewing it via Firefox in Windows 7 Pro.

Looks really nice, Leon, whichever material you use.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

It opened OK for me. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Works fine in Firefox under Linux.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Looks great. Do you really have that many books? I didn't think I had so many until I filled two (much cheaper) bookcases. Since my shoulder surgery in early December I have had time to read some of them. I'd rather be working in the shop.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished project.

Reply to
G. Ross

I did not have to

Reply to
Markem

Okay. It works on IE, but not on a Firefox derivative, where I have adblock plus and no-script running. IE must be happy to read or write some cookies, or something. On the later, flickr requests that I sign in.

Reply to
Bill

I have loads of magazines and books that can fill half now. I will likely post progress reports.

Thank you.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you, I think cherry and white oak is going to be the choice.

Reply to
Leon

Bill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news6.newsguy.com:

No problem in Seamonkey with uBlock. Have you tried disabling AdBlockUnlessYouPayUs Plus?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

You don't like Adblock Plus? I noted that they did ask for a contribution (I didn't pay). But years ago I payed $19.99 for a software tool that provided ad-free browsing, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I mention that only to emphasize that I am willing to pay a few dollars for ad-free browsing if that's what it comes down to.

Reply to
Bill

By the way, I'm using SeaMonkey too. You're the only other one I know using it!

Reply to
Bill

Bill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news6.newsguy.com:

I like the software just fine, but they jumped the shark* when they started to allow selected advertising.

*Sorry Leon, we kinda did too!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Using SeaMonkey here since Mozilla.

Reply to
G. Ross

Perhaps not an Ad Blocker/Plus problem, I am using it with no issue on Flickr.

Reply to
Leon

A suggestion, save the $1400 and go digital, you could make a cute little box to store the flash drive 8^)

You always seem to go "all-out", it looks very well though out. Cherry is nice since it ages wonderfully, I'd keep it matching the desk. You will be seeing them together in that room for many years.

-BR

Reply to
Brewster

I recently finished building 13 bookcases to hold our 1600+ books. And that doesn't include 5 bookcases of hobby magazines in my den. You've got a ways to go :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard