What machine do I buy?

Hello,

I'm looking for a combination machine for saw and shaper. My budget is around 3000$. What machine do you recommend? Is better to have a separated machine for each operation? What about second-hand machines?

JCarlos from Spain. Thanks you very much.

Reply to
Juan Carlos Rodriguez

Howdy Juan

I worked for years with a Shopsmith combination machine and love the machine. I still use many of it's functions.However, for the most part, stand alone machines are generally easier to work with since, as you move from one function to another, you aren't tearing it down to set up for the next.

While the process isn't terribly time consuming or complicated it is still somewhat inconvenient. If there are shop space constraints though it is the only way to go.

Good luck

Reply to
Mike G

Fri, Jul 11, 2003, 8:53pm (EDT+6) snipped-for-privacy@estudiant.upc.es (Juan=A0Carlos=A0Rodriguez) asks: I'm looking for a combination machine for saw and shaper. My budget is around 3000$. What machine do you recommend? Is better to have a separated machine for each operation? What about second-hand machines?

My personal choice would be separate machines. Second-hand machines can be very good buys.

I think it would help if you said what machines are available to you. Not much good someone telling you some machine that isn't available to you.

JOAT Let's just take it for granted you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 13 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT