What is it? Set 380

at 9" high, this is probably a salesman's sample.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

2196- Battery Terminal puller
Reply to
GunnerItch

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

What could possibly possess anyone to load an M16 with blanks? What does it accomplish?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

2191) Strange beastie. Since it seems to be attached to a key ring, it might be part of a link to a belt hook for something line a janitor's or night watchman's keys. The keys will hold in place under normal conditions, but they can be easily detached from the belt at need -- including what once happened to a janitor at a school dorm. He was walking along outside and saw a radiator hanging from one of the upstairs windows. So, he went up there, put his key (still attached to his belt) in the lock and turned -- finding it rather difficult to turn. Then it turned, and he found himself sliding across the room, dragged by the keys attached to his belt.

What had happened was that the room was one of two with a shared door between which could be unlocked from both sides to allow passage between the rooms. This was during summer session, with few students, so lots of empty rooms. Someone wanting to give the current occupant of that room a hard time had:

1) Unbolted the radiator from the steam pipes (summer, so no steam). 2) Tied the radiator to the doorknob by a steel cable. 3) Removed the door's hinge pins. 4) Left via the door to the other room.

He expected his friend/victim to come along, turn the key, and have the door vanish across the room -- not to have a janitor with keys attached to his belt.

The only reason that he was not pulled through the window and down a few floors to the ground was that the door did not fit through the window.

2192) Looks as though it is a tool for drilling a hole in wood from a single side and then extending the hole rather quickly by using the rest of the tool as either a file or a saw depending on which edge was applied. Way too coarse for most metals, though it would work on lead or other soft metals I guess. 2193) A black stone turned into a watch fob?

Perhaps a container for something?

2194) Looks like an industrial version of a dealer's "shoe" for some card game -- Baccarat, perhaps?

Anyway -- intended to deal one card (or whatever) face down from the toe.

2195) A demonstration of complex linkages perhaps? 2169) Looks like a tool for popping out ball joint linkages or something similar.

Might also be used for installing a press fit of some sort in the field -- certainly not in a factory, but perhaps in a garage.

Now to see what others suggest they are.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Or for milking cats. (I recommend chain mail gloves. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

2191 looks like a shell catcher for a semi-auto shot gun.

John

Reply to
John

2193 portable hitching post.

John

Reply to
John

I said Baccarat because I saw it on James Bond or one of the other

60's spy movies at a Baccarat table.
Reply to
kfvorwerk

"Stormin Mormon" fired this volley in news:ilvln1$n0r$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

It's a goat stanchion. Made to be mounted on a wood rail.

We used them for both feeding (so they don't raid one-anothers' rations), and for some milking of troublesome animals, and for medication and inspections.

Had one; home-built.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Yes, and as a number of people mentioned it's a salesman's sample. The rest of them have been answered correctly this week:

Rob H.

Chernobyl. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Your not trying to milk this joke are you?

Reply to
Robin Halligan

What a load of bull

Reply to
George W Frost

What better, to fertilize hardwood trees?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Another of your Hairlip Cow jokes?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I once knew a bloke called Mark who had a dog with a hair lip and every time the dog barked , the bloke thought the dog could talk and was calling him.

Reply to
George W Frost

Or the other version: What does a hairlip dog say? Mark! Mark!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hey !...have you met Mark and his dog too???

Reply to
George W Frost

I met the dog about 50 years ago. :)

Reply to