What is it? Set 402

This week's set of photos has been posted:

Rob H.
2323: log cutting sawhorse? 2324: Upside down paint can lid re-attacher? 2325: Drill bits and plug holder? 2326: lantern and torch holder? 2327: peculator? 2328: Put your seat belt on buzzer from a 1973 Ford Maverick Grabber?

mike > This week's set of photos has been posted:

Reply to
Michael Kenefick

2323 is a saw buck for sawing logs
Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

Yup , that's my guess too on 2323 .

2324 looks like a corker for wine bottles . Nice one too !
Reply to
Snag

This one is correct

Reply to
Rob H.

Yes, saw buck is the right name for it.

Reply to
Rob H.

Wine bottle corker is correct, this one is a floor model, they also make bench corkers which are made for use on benches or tables.

Reply to
Rob H.
2325 Change holder for pre-decimal British coins. Pennies on left. Sixpence on right. Shilling = 7/8 inch.
Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

2323: log cutting sawhorse? Thing in middle appears to be a tool-holder. I've used one very similar as a kid.

HTH,

Twayne`

Reply to
Twayne

Reply to
Paul Tuttle

And mine.

Absolutely. I have one very similar to it in my basement.

2325 looks like it could be used as a desk drawer organizer: pens and pencils in the grooves, paper clips and thumb tacks in the bowls. Don't know if that was its intended use, though...
Reply to
Doug Miller

It's fake. A real one would have a picture of Alexander Hamilton.

Reply to
J Burns

2323) A saw buck -- for supporting logs while they are sawn. 2324) Interesting beastie.

It looks like it is intended to hold grease cartridges, and dispense it on strokes of the pump. I can't see where the grease exits it, however. The disc and spring on the rod advance with each stroke of the handle, pushing the grease out the top of the cartridge and into -- where?

Perhaps it is incomplete, and with parts not shown is for pumping new grease into a bearing assembly, forcing out the old grease.

2325) Lacking anything specific, I would consider it to be a desktop organizer. The bowls would hold paper clips and the like, the grooves for pencils, pens, rulers and whatever. 2326) Looks like something to hold a half-round tubing which is pressed in from the upper left, and when it is withdrawn (hollow side down) it will be clamped.

But -- if it is intended to be mounted on a vertical surface instead, it might be for gripping a horse's reins when "parking" the horse. :-)

2327) Well ... it appears to be an upside down bucket, with a domed bottom. I'm not sure what the purpose of the domed bottom is. 2328) Looks somewhat like a garage door opener remote, designed to clip on the car's visors.

Now to post this and see what others have suggested.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

This week's set of photos has been posted:

2323 cable or rope spool

2325 for sorting coins

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve

This one is correct

Note that old cable spools were often used as saw horses. We had several when I was a kid. They were thrown off ships after the steel cable or rope was used up.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve

2325. Pen and ink bottle holder for a draftsman. Here's a glass one.
kfvorwerk

hold ink bottles would have a _flat_ bottom.

Also, 3" diameter would be an awfully -large- ink container. All the "India ink" bottles I've used have been somewhere around 1-3/4" dia. (don't have one at hand to measure, might have been as big as 2" :))

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Just posted my answers, I'm not 100% sure about number 2326 but that's what the owner claimed so I'm going to stick with that unless I find proof that it's actually something else.

Rob H.

Rob H. wrote the following:

It don't believe it either. What's the point of the swinging part? I've seen many pictures of Model Ts and never saw this on the radiator. They either had a screw cap to add water or a gauge with wings to measure the water pressure.

Reply to
willshak

the airflow could lift the flap proportional to the speed, so you could get a rough idea of speed from it.

As for 2327 -- that explains the remains of red paint visible on it.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols