What is it? CXCIX

1097 If we accept that 1097 is a tachometer, how does it work? Is the narrow dark line around the periphery of the flat face a rotary joint? Are the guts some form of centrifugal clutch or is it some form of pneumatic (fan/aperture) system?

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

'tis a tach - I have one. I've never had it apart but presumably there's a flyweight arrangement inside the black metal can. The scale is fixed and there's a pointer disc on a rod that's barely visible in the lower photo just below the 500 RPM line. The disc moves up the scale in response to the centrifugal force on the flyweights.

1099 is the head of a pike pole. A Peavey is a very different tool.

Ned Simmons
1144 is a buggy whip display stand as per this site:
Reply to
Brian Lawson

Thanks! That's a good link, I just updated the answer page.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.