Way OT, some interesting video.

Just Wondering wrote in news:_3Duy.156$zm6.48 @fx20.iad:

Au contraire, for many of them it was what happened. Those who were still imprisoned (i.e. not dead) were pardoned by President Johnson in 1868.

Note that specific to Lee, his property was confiscated (without any 4th amendment compensation, either). Just for spite the US Army used the grounds around his house as a graveyard, to ensure he would not try to recover it after the war.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

OFWW wrote in news:aasnbb96qiccnc24n2f9o9n0qepjo2mbu4@

4ax.com:

against

Are you seriously contending that the right to bear arms includes taking up arms against your own government?

Taking up arms against the government of the USA certainly seems to qualify.

Reply to
Doug Miller

what'cha building these day Doug? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

That was part of the intent. Not everyone trusted the government. Should they have?

Reply to
Bill

Correct. It was seen as the last defense against tyranny.

Reply to
krw

The government has no problems taking up arms against its people. Various Policing depts love to out power the civies, and drive bullet proof vehicles and suit up with kevlar. Equal rights?

So have you built a nice crossbow from wood or wood and bamboo yet?

What do you use for your arrows, steel billet or ash?

Have you tried a pistol version yet?

Reply to
OFWW

So no action of government can in your mind justify taking up arms against it? Selling women into slavery, making soap out of Jews, eating babies? None of that would justify it, we should just go along voting out tweedledum and voting in tweedledee, whose major point of political contention is whether babies are best served fried or baked, and get on with our lives, those of us who are not women, Jews, or babies and thus still have lives?

Reply to
J. Clarke

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from it's government."

-- Thomas Paine

Reply to
JerryOsage

Leon wrote in news:17Sdnc2dLtsaFiPLnZ2dnUU7- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Lots of plumbing and rough carpentry the last few weeks. SWMBO and I bought a fixer-upper to downsize into -- kids are grown and out of the house, and we don't need a big house and big yard any more. After a year of searching, we found *exactly* the property we wanted, except that it's not move-in ready.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Cool! At least when you are finished you will know what's what about the house. We did it a little differently. We moved out and upsized, and built. Our son bought us out. :-). We house hunted for 25 years and like you found the one that filled our needs. Good luck!

Reply to
Leon