Wanted: Cast iron top for Delta 36-650 tablesaw

Leon

I need a replacement top that will fit a 36-650 delta tablesaw.

news.ida.net

Google for "resurfacing a tablesaw top"

Unless the top is broken in some manner that makes it totally useless, have a machine shop regrind it for you if it's really out of specs. If it's just scratches or rust, you can clean that up yourself. While it's nice to have a perfectly flat tabletop, I doubt there is such a thing.

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

Hi Bob

Its got about a 8" long and 1/4" deep concaved dip just to the right of the blade. Looks like whoever owned it before me had a feeder on it, or something, as its also got 4 holes tapped at the back of the top behind the dip.

Its about as useless as a top can get I guess. Blanchard grind is $175, and Im not even sure there's enough material there to grind out a 1/4" dip? Im hoping someone out there somewhere has an old top laying around that will fit. Anyway, thanks for the response.

news.ida.net

Bob you might try some of the material that is used to build up worn metal shafts. The product is Belzona 1111 Super metal.. We use to build up 4 inch shafts where bearings had done severe damage to shafts. It was a 2 part paste product that could be machined or drilled and tapped.. Clean and rough the bad portion of the top with coarse sandpaper. fasten the sandpaper on something long enough to reach across to the good part of the top and sand flush.

Virgle

Reply to
Virgle