Wall sconce, determine safe wattage

Looking in building several identical sconces as I finish my basement. I bought the craft plan:

normally would design my own, but was somewhat stumped as to how the socket and sconce was mounted.

Anyway, I still may design my own, but I'm wondering how to determine what a safe wattage for the bulb would be? In the above plans, they call for a 25W bulb. Really more decorative than light emitting. I would like to make a sconce that could go up to, say, 65W.

How do I determine design, space between bulb and sconce? Note, the sconces will be on a dimmer.

Reply to
Larry Bud

Wilson