Veritas wooden spokeshave kit.

While perusing the Veritas web-pages I happened across something that really made me stop and take notice:

simply fabulous..... though I pondered for a moment, it seemed to look aweful familiar to something I might have seen on the Web before.... Hmmmmm, now WHERE in the world could I have seen this before?-)

-- John Gunterman What, who? Me? a shill?!?!?!?! NEVER!!!!

say,(tm P.L.) that looks an aweful lot like a Hock iron, to me.

Reply to
JG

Jules

Hey why could'nt you just use an "old" but sharp Portion of a planer blade for the Tool steel??

Fabulous, simply fabulous..... though I pondered for a moment, it seemed to

Reply to
Gregory Jensen

I would guess that lee valley's patent application is probably on the blade design with the threaded posts for adjustment. I can already think of an improvement which could be made to that...

If anyone is willing to send me a free spokeshave I'll send you my method.

-Jack

> Fabulous, simply fabulous..... though I pondered for a moment, it seemed to

Reply to
Jack

Nice set-up for the kit. Too bad it's not a Hock blade.....

Cheers,

aw

Reply to
A Dubya

On Fri, 21 May 2004 10:32:20 -0500, "JG" brought forth from the murky depths:

Yeah, where, indeed? They have a slightly different approach than yours did, though, Guntie. Same price but without the little stick o' wood riding along with it. Bueno!

========================================================== Save the |||

Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming ==========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Why ? You don't like made in USA blades???

Curious, given your handle...

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

No. Almost all planer blades are HSS, and HSS is unforgeable.

If you ever want to make edge tools with the basics of equipment, buy some "O-1" tool steel stock. It's easy to find, comes ready ground with flat surfaces, and is easy to heat-treat with a basic gas torch or even a kitchen stove.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Hey Robin,

You mean your blades aren't made in Canada? hehehe.

I know, I know, Ron's been importing. I'll have to shoot into Ottawa and try one of the kits, I've been using various Hock's with "ye old robertson set screws" forever.

I haven't seen the "old guy" poking around Almonte lately. I used to catch him looking over my shoulder at RW Studio, when he'd stop in for a visit.

Cheers,

aw

Reply to
A Dubya

Hi -

He still spends most of his time up the street at 36 Mill street....

Website's been updated recently, and you can see what they're cooking up... but don't look until you've had your lunch....

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee