Veneer on a surface with curved corners

Hi,

I bought this mahogany venner that you simply iron on. I looks pretty good.

I would like to put it on a dining room server which has curved corners. Now, I would find it a pretty intimidating task if the server top was rectangular. But how would I make it follow the curve of the table?!

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron Fude

Reply to
aaronfude

Aaron,

Do a search on "vacuum forming" or "vacuum veneer". I know a guy that does very curvaceous woodworking by gluing his veneer in a big vacuum bag.

Good luck.

Reply to
Scott Cox