VENEER FOR SALE!!!

our warehouse is full and must go!

4.7 MILLION BOARD FEET OF every type of wood

on the planet. 10 foot sheets, $10.00 a sheet $7.00 if you buy

100 or more. call eric for shipping and pictures@

260-726-2183

Reply to
Owner

Sounds kinda fishy.... Care to share company name, location, etc...

Reply to
Leon

What makes you think it sounds fishy?

Maybe that they're selling veneer by the board foot...?

(G)

david

Reply to
D K Woods

Yeah it does. The phone number belongs to:JENKINS, ERIC 608 W Arch St Portland, IN 47371

You would think if it was legit, it would have been a company name that came up.

Reply to
Leslie

It does have my meter pegged. I mean, anyone who owns 4.7 million square foot of something oughtta/shoulda/probably/maybe know the proper words to use to describe it.

On the other hand, maybe his veneer is 4/4 thick.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Whats the problem with describing BF of veneer? If you had a stack of veneer one inch tall, would you have any problem then?

-- Jim in NC

Reply to
Morgans

There would still be a problem, because without knowing how thick the veneer is, you would have no way of knowing how much area it will cover.

Let's suppose your hypothetical one-inch-thick stack of veneer is one foot wide and two feet long (two square feet).

If each sheet of veneer is 1/32" thick, this one-inch stack will cover 64 square feet. But if each sheet is 1/4" thick, the same one-inch-thick stack will cover only 8 square feet.

That's why veneer is sold by the square foot: because you need to know how large an area you can cover with it.

Doug Miller

\ True, but my take in the original post, was that he was just trying to get everyone to realize that he had LOTS of veneer.

-- Jim in NC

Reply to
Morgans

True, I like wood in my hand before money leves hand.

Did Confuscious say that one time? :-)

-- Jim in NC

Reply to
Morgans

I have a hard time hiding the modest amount of wood I have stashed. God knows how he fits 4.7 million bf in his house. Must be single. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

Trouble is you don't know how many square feet/foot you'd have in that 1" stack, i.e., veneer is sliced at different thicknesses.

Veneer is sold by the square foot. Always has been, probably always will be unless everyone falls down and hurts their brains simultaneously in which case we will probably also find Jimmy Hoffa holed up with a cache of weapons of mass destruction.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I get Keith D Bickel, (260) 726-2183, 3352 S 100 W, Portland, IN 47371 - but same is true

Reply to
JLucas ILS