Varnish storage...

. Perhaps had you thought you would have realized that if there is less "atmosphere" less of the varnish can evaporate into the "atmosphere" and the curing process in the can will be retarded.

Reply to
Leon

Ahem, Leon, the accepted term these days is "challenged" - or, if you must, "handicapped".

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Sat, Mar 5, 2005, 12:13am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@easystreet.com (Fly-by-Night=A0CC) PC states: Ahem, Leon, the accepted term these days is "challenged" - or, if you must, "handicapped".

I thought it was "disadvantaged".

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

That too. Damn, it's so hard to keep up.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Well his comment was so stupid, I have to believe that he was trolling. Either way, he plonked me several weeks ago because I refuse to go by his rules when he slips in and out of wanting to be the net nanny on this group.

Reply to
Leon

Crippled by the frequent terminology changes, are you?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Thanks for the info, Leon. I have been using foam brushes for my varnishing so far and I like the results. I'll probably keep using them.

bkr

Reply to
bkr

Something else to consider, If the surface does not have to be a thick protective one and you are going for a Satin finish, gel varnishes are a dream to apply and you get a glass smooth hand rubbed look. Apply with an old t-shirt or cheap brush and after a few minutes wipe it off with a clean lint free cloth. The big advantage to gel varnishes is that dust is never a problem. Immediately after wiping with the cloth to remove the excess the surface is "almost" dried enough to touch.

Reply to
Leon