UV Epoxy & Windows

I really like the look of epoxy on oak. Yeah, it's a matter of taste I am sure. I really like it in moist environments since epoxy is so water resistant. Somebody once told me that ordinary window glass blocks most UV. Is it enough to keep epoxy from degrading in a well lit hallway if it were used to coat a bunch of book shelves set up between, above, and below the windows? The hallway is lit by double pane windows except for the door at the south end that only has a single pane window.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

ordinary glass converts most uv light to infrared. however, you only have to look at wood or fabrics inside a room where the sunlight falls to know that it doesn't block it all.

iow, probably not for your application.

Reply to
chaniarts

----------------------------- Seal the oak with epoxy, then seal the epoxy with Epifanes which contains the UV inhibitors to protect the epoxy.