Using A Chain Saw On A Lathe

Would you try what the guy in the first segment does?
It gets interesting starting at about 2:00, once he starts the lathe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2ZBddYlilc

I have profound respect for my chain saw and my lathe and would never introduce one to the other. I don't even keep them in the same room.
On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 12:01:47 AM UTC-6, Gramps' shop wrote:

It made me a little anxious watching him do that, even with him using an electric chain saw.
If I were him, I'd use the saw diagonal once it is near done. That eliminates the slots cut.
Nice idea. Custom Lathe as well.
Martin