UPS Attaboy!

When Delta mortiser showed up yesterday the UPS truck was parked at the curb when we drove up and one of the two people in the truck commented "That thing must weigh 70# and I can help get it in the house if needed" and wife told him a handtruck was handy. Most of the time doorbell sounds off and by the time I get to door I see the back of the truck down the street. Pleasant surprize to say the least! Packaging folks in China must have had a contest involving coating of unpainted surfaces that included spraying duels at 30' with no masking of equipment allowed! Slimy stuff EVERYWHERE! Including hardware sent inside plastic bags, used MS on them prior to installing. Good news the chisels weren't in as bad a shape as others have reported, at leas the 1/4" one. Test drive of that in poplar went rather well. Found a catalog stating weight is 55#.

Reply to
nospambob

I have another UPS attaboy in the complete opposite direction.

A few weeks back, I sold a built-up radio control airplane, known as a Speedy Bee on eBay. This airplane is made entirely of balsa STICKS! Of couse, the local guy bidding on it lost, and it had to be shipped from CT to MO. This was a 4' x 3' x 14" box originally designed to ship a bicycle frame. The entire package, including packing, weighed less than 7 pounds, so the fragility of the airplane can be fully understood.

The airplane got there in _3_ days via ground service in PERFECT condition. I fully expected them to crush it and insured accordingly, but was blown away when I heard from the buyer.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .