Unusual experience in my workshop

There is only one cut I cannot use my overhead guard for and that's vertical cuts/panel raising, and in those cases, my hands are absolutely nowhere near the blade. Otherwise, that guard is on the saw for each and every cut, without exception, and I have no fear at all of cutting myself.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

So in both cases you have to dial 3 digits.......

Reply to
Mike

#38 is so much easier to remember than 911.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Reminds me of one of the first Blue Collar TV shows.

Larry the Cable guy had an emergency and called 411 to find out what number to call to get 911. Then he use a strawberry, the fruit, to scribe 911 on the wall so that he would not forget.

Reply to
Leon

A friend of mine is called stumpy can you guess why???

Reply to
Me

Back in '82 I cut off two and a half fingers and damaged the others. They reattached them, but I can not bend them very well. Two of them I can not bend at all. It was almost a year before I turned on a table saw again. I remember when I did that the whine of the motor made me nervous and I remember standing there for almost a minute before I ripped my first board. After that it has been no problem. I think today I am more safety conscious because of it which is a good thing.

You just have to get back in the saddle.

Chris

Reply to
ChrisGW

Welcome back, Mekon. Hope your vacation was a good one.

After 30 years of woodworking, I am happy to report I have never had even a small accident. Respect and know the potential of your tools. Don't be afraid of an inanimate object. You control it.... don't allow it to control you!

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

--Waaaal pod'ner ya gotta cowboy up! You feel like I did trying to get back on a motorcycle after a really good crash. Woodworkers have the advantage of being able to buy better technology nowadays. If it makes you feel any better getcher self a good array of push sticks (cheap) or getcher self a Saw Stop (expensive). I did both...

Reply to
steamer