Unisaw Alignment Question \ Problem

Recently, I moved from Ohio back to Colorado. In the process of that move, I disassembled my Unisaw down to the base parts to which it was shipped to me. I then went ahead to Colorado trying to track down gainful employment and some place to live. In the interim, the moving company removed the cast-iron top from the base of the Unisaw. Which, I don't think, was too big of a deal.

However, yesterday (and months later) - I reassembled the saw. Hours later, I took my trusty TS-Aligner and began the process of tuning up the saw. Clean, straight cuts and the sweet smell of cherry was only minutes away....

However, for the life of me, I could not get my blade aligned w/ the miter slots. I've gotten very close tolerances previously on this saw - but, could not get my table parallel after hours of trying.

Has anybody experienced this? Is it possible that completely removing the table could be causing some issue? Is it possible, that through shipping, the motor itself was knocked out of alignment from the base?

(Note to self) - Align blade BEFORE assembling the wings, side tables, etc....

Thanks, jbd

Reply to
John Dykes