Turn on the TV

Channel 13 is showing a series called Craft in America. The episode on now (8:00 - 9:00 EDT) features a segment on Sam Maloof, as well as another furniture maker and a basketmaker. It's followed by an episode featuring George Nakashima.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

WHERE?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Chanenel 13 huh.

Care to share the network so that those that live out side of the channel 13 viewing area can watch too?

Reply to
Leon

| Care to share the network so that those that live out side of the | channel 13 viewing area can watch too?

Try your local PBS station.

Morris Dovey

Sorry, there's a big ol' THIRTEEN logo at the bottom of the screen, so I figgered it was universal. The TVGuide schedule also refers to it as WILNET. Their website

calls it WNET. Or try PBS as Morris suggested.

BTW, there's also a third episode, but apparently without woodworking.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

WGTE. Here in the Detroit area on Comcast, it's channel 10 and channel 240 (PBSD1) in HD.

Reply to
Timothy Drouillard

Yowza! The Nakashima wood shed is about five times the size of my local hardwood dealer's place.

Good shows. Thanks for the heads up.

RicodJour

godDAMN! I'm still wiping drool from my keyboard.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Ah, Swingman called me just in time to cat the Quilting show. My wife was delighted.

Reply to
Leon

Lobby Dosser wrote in news:Rxo7i.6438 $XC3.1261@trnddc04:

PBS. On KQED Ch 9 in the SF Bay Area. 3 consecutive hours. I'd forgotten, and Buddy's post reminded me to set the TiVO on the satellite.

Funny. None of the other channels show it in the lineup right now. Pretty sure it will be there later, though.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Here in SoCal, KCET, Los Angeles is showing the program, while KOCE, Orange County, is begging again, as usual.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Twin Cities, MN - tpt & tptHD tonight

Craft in America "Memory" Thursday, May 31, 10:00pm [D] (TPT HDTV) Crafts by metalsmith Tom Joyce, woodworker Sam Maloof, furnituremaker Garry Knox Bennett, and basketmakers Mary Jackson and Pat Courtney Gold.

Craft in America "Landscape" Thursday, May 31, 11:00pm [D] (TPT HDTV) The influence of environment on works by craft artists, including woodworker George Nakashima; jewelers Kit Carson and Jan Yager; and ceramicists David Gurney and Richard Notkin.

Reply to
George Shouse

Wed, May 30, 2007, 8:17pm snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Buddy=A0Matlosz) doth sayeth: Channel 13 is showing a series called Craft in America. The episode on now (8:00 - 9:00 EDT) features a segment on Sam Maloof, as well as another furniture maker and a basketmaker. It's followed by an episode featuring George Nakashima.

You need to work on your timing. At the time you posted, I was watching it on channel 4, so no way I could know I should turn to channel 13.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

Too bad. It was much better on 13.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Thu, May 31, 2007, 7:16pm snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Buddy=A0Matlosz) doth claimeth: Too bad. It was much better on 13.

No it wasn't, I just checked, 13 has a lousy picture.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news:24117-465F82C3-394 @storefull-3336.bay.webtv.net:

Hey look! It's snowing!

(Ok, for the young ones who have TVs that blank out snow...) OH NO! ANOTHER BLUE SCREEN!!!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper