Tropical American Tree Farms

Investments with this company should be considered high risk, at the least. There is no record of anyone getting any returns from them, despite what they say.

Reply to
Joe

Tropical tree farms won't show any return for at least 16 yrs. Thats how long it takes to grow a 'fast' growth tree to harvest. Add the time it takes to clear and prep an area, and harvest the trees, and mill and dry the lumber. I'm think of Lyptus as my example. Investing in any tree farm means you should be aware of the time scale and judge if you will likely be alive to see any return assuming some South Ametrican government doen't throw the Gringos out before harvest time..

cselby

I suggest you read people's comments at:

tomsaez

I know this post is old, but on the off chance I can save even one person let me also say that Tropical American Tree Farms is a scam. Even those who have owned trees with them since the early 1990's have not received any type of return on their investment, though TATF claims you should start receiving returns after about 7 years (you can look on their website to verify that). They have you sign a contract in English...which sounds good except the company is located in Costa Rica and Costa Rican law says a contract must be in Spanish to be legally binding (of course TATF does not mention this). So basically you are giving them your money and "hoping" they keep up their end of the deal because you will have no legal standing if they don't. More info from other TATF investors can be found at

treeowner